While the Gospel is advancing around the world, over 4 in 10 people still belong to an unreached people group. That's over 3 billion souls!
- Many do not know a Christian and will never have a chance to hear the Good News.
- The local church is too small to reach these people groups without outside help.
- However, only a tiny fraction (3%) of all global missionaries and missions dollars go toward these people groups!
Will you help us combat this great global injustice?
Why is this the reality?
There are a variety of reasons why so few missionaries work among the unreached. Here are just a few:
- It can be difficult or dangerous to serve among these people groups.
- There are difficult cultural or historical factors that make these people groups resistant to the Good News.
- It's much easier to send short and long-term mission teams to places where there are already Christian believers and ministries to easily welcome and engage them.
- It often takes years, or even decades, to see spiritual fruit; this can make home churches and supporters impatient.
But what does Jesus command?
(Throughout the Bible, the word for 'nations' generally means people or ethnic groups.)
When asked about when the last days will come, Jesus prophesied in Matthew 24:14 that "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all [people groups], and then the end will come." Every people group hearing the Gospel is not necessarily a trigger for Jesus' second return, but a definite prerequisite.
Before He left, Jesus commanded His followers:
- “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all [people groups], baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matt. 28:18-20)
- But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. (Acts 1:8)
We also see clearly through Apostle John's prophecy that before the unveiling of the new heaven & new earth, "After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands." (Revelation 7:9)
There are many other references in the Bible, but it is clear that God's desire is for every people group to have the opportunity to know Jesus, no matter how difficult it is to bring it to them.
Countless believers in past generations have responded courageously, even at the cost of their lives! Will you rise to the challenge and bring the Gospel to the least reached?
How can you get involved?
UB Global has many opportunities for you to get involved in Macau, Thailand, and several other restricted access locations which we can't list online.
Go on a short-term trip, spend 1-12 months, take a gap year, or invest even longer among unreached people groups. Learn More
Learn how to pray by joining the Prayer Network or receiving regular prayer updates.
Give to reach the Daoist Macanese, Buddhist ethnic Thai, or tribal Muslim Shoptar. Contact us to learn how to give to specific cross-cultural workers serving there.Learn More
In the Know
Get regular updates about missions efforts among the unreached by signing up for In the Know.Sign Up
Learn more about our work among the unreached ethnic Thai Buddhists.Learn More
Learn more about our work among the least-reached Shoptar people group.Learn More