UB Global team
Our five-person team works with our missionaries, national partners, and local churches to mentor and mobilize the next generation of cross-cultural workers.
Jeff Bleijerveld, Director
Jeff Bleijerveld has been Director of UB Global since March 2008. He oversees the international efforts of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ, USA. Prior to becoming Director, Jeff served for 24 years as a pastor, missionary, and mission administrator. When Jeff is not in the office or traveling the world to visit staff, he enjoys paddling, camping and photography.
Frank joined the staff in September 2011. He supervises overseas staff, works with new staff on-boarding, and engages with local churches. When he’s not facilitating individuals and organizations collaborating in Great Commission efforts, Frank dabbles in volleyball and photography.
Michelle came on staff in July 2016. She supervises UB Global’s work in Africa. Michelle is passionate about the beauty of the international church and the ways we can learn from and serve one another. She loves to write and read, and her favorite question is, “What are you reading?”
David Kline joined the UB Global staff in May 2014. David works as a mobilizer and is passionate about seeing people more fully embrace their role as global Christians. He also works with video and other media.
Jana has been administrative assistant for the UB Global Team since January 2013. She takes care of much of the office administration. Having herself served overseas for 7 years in Papua New Guinea, she provides valuable insight and experience around the office and to our overseas staff.
Serving More, Serving Better
In 2011, the UB Global team consisted of three persons–a director, an associate director, and an administrative assistant. That year, a commitment was made to expand UB Global’s impact by growing the team. The UB Global team now consists of five persons–Jana Gass, Michelle Harris, David Kline, and Frank Y., led by Jeff Bleijerveld. This added expertise has led to deeper and wider interactions with local churches and individuals.
Each team member brings years of overseas service, along with an understanding of the joys and struggles of cross-cultural ministry. As a result, UB Global has become more thorough in recruiting, mentoring, and training future missionaries, and in continually interacting with them after they reach the field. The three associate directors each oversee UB work in at least one or two countries.
UB Global is able to serve more, and serve better.
The UB Global Team works with local churches:
- Inspiring and training our churches through many one-day Ignite regional mission conferences.
- Consulting with churches to develop their local church missions strategy and team through our process called Missional DNA
- Serving at the National Conference and UB Women’s Conference.
- Speaking in dozens of churches and leading prayer gatherings.
The UB Global Team mobilizes missionaries:
- Walking alongside dozens of individuals exploring missionary service.
- Offering quarterly On Mission webchats with those interested in serving overseas.
- Engaging Christians with regular up-to-date prayer tools and missions resources.
The UB Global Team serves on-field missionaries:
- Providing focused care and support to our missionaries, whether those going through a crisis or just normal life on the field.
- Strategizing with them and deepening missions impacts in their region.
The UB Global
We established the UB Global Team Fund as a way for people and churches to support the staff who work at the national office. This fund provides for their compensation, travel, and other expenses of the associate directors and administrative assistant.
We encourage supporters to contribute to the UB Global Team fund. We greatly appreciate your support.